The Real Truth About Monogamy
Monogamy can be a dirty word. It depends on who you speak it to. With committed relationships monogamy is expected. A lot of relationships are destroyed simply because someone cheated. You would think with the many crashed relationships that this issue would be one that hardly ever happened. But even in this day and age cheating is still a big problem for most men and women. The truth about monogamy is that not everyone has the same definition of what it is. Some people don’t even believe that monogamy is natural or possible. But when it comes to relationships not being faithful to the one you love always has dire consequences.
What Men Think About Monogamy
Most men can’t wait for the day when they’re able to go out and have sex anytime they want, or whenever they can get it. Sex to most men is an action only to please themselves. So a man’s attitude towards sex happens to be a little more selfish than a woman’s. With men having always had the freedom to be as sexually active as they can possibly be. There’s never been any stigma attached to a promiscuous male. The more sex he had the more he was revered. So it would make sense that even today that most men believe that they have every right to have a much sex with as many partners as they can find.
Sexually conquering many females adds to a male’s masculinity. Most men don’t want, need, or believe in having sex with one woman until they die. There’s simply too many opportunities to have sex with other women. Some men believe that it’s their right to have sex as much as possible since sex isn’t an emotional thing for them. If they get horny then they have the right to satisfy himself if he can find someone to help him get that done. The issue of obligation to the female he loves doesn’t filter into the decision to pop one off.
After candidly interviewing a group of men here are there thoughts and beliefs about monogamy
- A man wasn’t meant to only have sex with one woman his whole life. As a man, he’s obligated to have sex with as many women as he can. This is what makes a man a man.
- Men get tired of having sex with same woman over and over again. Men love variety, and if he can have that then he should get it.
- If a woman really loves him then she should be understanding of the fact that men love to have sex. That having sex with other women is sometimes beyond their control. If he’s being offered sex from another woman then why shouldn’t he take advantage of that opportunity.
- It’s not natural for a man to only be sexually active with one female. Since the beginning of time men have always had more than one women to have sex with and why does that ever need to change.
- It’s his penis he can do with it what he wants irregardless as to the commitment he has made.
- Cheating is the way that it is. Most women should know how all men are, and shouldn’t be surprised by his promiscuous behavior.
- A committed relationship and casual sex are two different things. Sex with someone else isn’t in the same category as sex with a girlfriend or wife.
- Sex with other women is fine as long as it isn’t thrown in the face of the wife or girlfriend.
When they were asked why be pretentious about being able to be monogamous?
- You have to tell women what they want to hear. It’s the only way to get sex.
- That’s the way it’s set up. That’s the way it’s always been.
- It’s the only way to get a woman to commit to him. She won’t do it if she has to compete with other females.
- Women can’t handle the truth about the sexual appetites of men. So therefore, you have to let a woman think that you’ll be faithful to her in order to gain her trust and love.
- Men figure that since women already know that men lie why would she think that he’d be telling the truth about this?
- This is the way the game is played
Some men believe that a woman should accept that this is just a part of what a man is. That women already know that the majority of men can’t be faithful in a relationship. Monogamy shouldn’t be expected since this is such an unnatural thing for a man to do. If a woman wants to a truly monogamous relationship with her man she really will have to get deeper into his psyche about his beliefs on this issue. Is monogamy possible? It certainly is, but this can’t be achieved with a fairy tale understanding about the virtues of a man.
Most women do believe that if a man loves her he’ll always do what’s right by her. This is the main reason why women fall in love in the first place. But realistically speaking a woman should definitely set her standards about this issue before she allows herself to love her man. If he believes that monogamy is an outdated, non existent condition in a relationship she could be setting herself up for heartbreak in the end.
What do you think about monogamy? Do you think that monogamy can be accomplished, or do you think this is just another myth about relationships that makes no sense? Can you have a loving relationship without monogamy? Answer in the comment section below.